Welcome to Saurabh Garg's weBLOG

Management Development Institute, Gurgaon better known as MDI Gurgaon is one of the premier BSchools in India. I would be spending some time here for my PGPM course. This weBLOG would share the incidents and memories of the place.

Please note that the views presented herein are MY PERSONAL VIEWS and should not be taken as a general opinion.


Happy Birthday Dear Roomie
Posted on: Monday, July 19, 2004

One of the traditions at MDI is to celebrate the Birthdays. The Hostel and Mess Secretary would send an EMail to all the people that there is one BirthDay boy and everyone would asemble in front of the mess to celebrate.
 
Another thing of note is that the roomie of the Birthday Boy is supposed to arrange for the cake.
 
So today, 19th July 2004, it was Lucky Me. My Roomie aka Prasad aka Pochu had his Birthday. I wasnt at hostel, went home :D and when I came back at around 10, Shubhi informed me that it was Pochu's Birthday and I need to arrage for the cake. Me and Gupta went to Sec. 14 market and bought the cake for dear Pochu.
 
So we have a Birthday Boy, a Cake, A reason to celebrate and so many people waiting to get their hands (or should I say legs) on the Birthday Boy and the roomie.
 
Monday, we were suppsed to submit three major assignments and seniors' mid terms were starting. So everyone was kinda awake and everyone was ready for the Party.
 
I forgot to mention one thing here. People here give Birthday Bumps to the Birthday Boy and THE ROOMIE. Yes the Roomie.
 
Since Prasad happens to be a very popular guy, almost 50 odd people gathered there and everyone wanted him out. He finally appeared and people immediately lifted him and started kicking on the bums. Everyone was finished in about 5 seconds. Now the hunt started for the roomie aka ME. I was very innocently standing there amidst confusion and yeling stuff like bring in the roomie and kill him and etc etc but since we are at MDi, there are quite a few smart chaps around, someone figured that I as the roomie and then they started with me. Initially it was fnu to be lifted but as soon as people's real love started coming out in form of kicks on the butt, I realized for the first time that a Birthday is not something to be happy about.
 
But again it was fun, then came the bucket full of water for the Birthday Boy and he was all wet in an instant. Next in line was the cake. With cakes, people here would make every part of your body eat the cake except your mouth. There was cake on his eyes, nose, forehead, chin etc etc.
 
Finally when the REAL cake came, everyone ran towards it as if it would the last meal. I managed to get a few pieces of the cake and I was also made to eat the cake with my eyes etc.
 
And after all the celebrations, people dispersed and me, Mohile, Ridhima, Shubhi etc. went to Prakash and listened to him sing Pal by KK. I recorded him as usual and after that dear Prasad moved to the canteen without giving me the keys. I was supposed to take a bath and I could not.
 
Finally I managed to take a bath later at around 4 and before that I had tried my hands at Hard Court Tennis with Piyush, Arvind and Devendra. I soon realized I suck at it.
 
I completed my assignments and could'nt sleep and right now me, Ashish and Harry are planing to goto the library or the Comp. Centre. in pursuit of my latest crush... A Senior :)

Comments
Comments: Post a Comment

End Of Happy Birthday Dear Roomie, Posted by SG

Main Bhartiya Hoon
.

Welcome

to MDI Gurgaon

Saurabh Garg Space

People

Saurabh Garg Space

Link Backs @ MDI

Saurabh Garg Space

Saurabh Garg Space

Stuff to be BLOGged !

Induction
Saurabh Garg Space

SAURABH GARG

Disclaimer: Please note that the views presented herein are MY PERSONAL VIEWS and should not be taken as a general opinion.