Welcome to Saurabh Garg's weBLOG

Management Development Institute, Gurgaon better known as MDI Gurgaon is one of the premier BSchools in India. I would be spending some time here for my PGPM course. This weBLOG would share the incidents and memories of the place.

Please note that the views presented herein are MY PERSONAL VIEWS and should not be taken as a general opinion.


Lights, Camera, Action !
Posted on: Tuesday, July 20, 2004

OCPS - Oral Comunicatoin and Presentation Skills. This is one credit course that we have here. We will be taught presentatoin and communication skills and thye would teach us speaking with courtsey, using busniess slangs, eye contact, body movements while speaking, way we start, way we end etc.
 
The first excersise was giving a one to two minute speech on a topic of choice. I was supposed to speak today and I had to talk about Computer Gaming. I scribbled few points when I was waiting for my turn to come up and had prepared everything like a friend who would prompt me every minute so that I can keep track of time. Ah, one thing I forgot to mention here is that tihs speech would be videotaped and distributed back to us so that we know where we lack and may be help us laugh on other pepole ;) This videotaping was done with a regular 70 mm film camera with a flash light on top that made me look fairer (did pretty good job I guess). As soon as I reached there and I saw the camra for the first time, I wanted to run back to my seat and hide under the bench. But again with all those "divas" watching me there was no turning back. I started in the usual mannre, stammering, nrevously, not confident of myself but as evreyone konws once I start talking, I am unstoppable. So I started talking and talking and talking about the gaming industry and etc etc and went on. I finally decided to stop and our Prof told me that I spoke for 3 minutes and 50 seconds and I thought I was in the time limits. And this was when Sandeep prompted me after a minute.
 
I got the regular feedback of being fast and not speaking clearly. The Prof was trying to tell me the ways to improve and ways to buid confidence but who was listening, I was dying to get back to the seat and and hide.
 
I noticed one thing though... I could not gather enough applauses from people as some of the other speakers. Lesson to be learnt: There are better people and you gotta slog, kick them in the butt and get better than em.
 
Let me tell you it IS difficult to talk in fornt of people and people who are into Public Speaking gotta be very very brave and confident. I tihnk if I practise hard enough and get my speed right, I can be serious competitoin to Navjot Singh Sidhu !
 
It was one of those brong HBO classes when some creative individual thought abpout statring an opinion poll in the class. The Question was "Who according to you is the funniest sleeper in our class?". Following lucky people were listed as the options... Ankit Srivastava, Saurabh Garg aka ME, Raj Kiran Sharma, Shubhi Sood, Satyadeep Maheshwari etc.
 
Dr. Kalra was taking the lecture and this question was being passed among the people and it completed the round and dear Ankit won it hands down. He got 27 votes. The next person in the list was Pushkar Joshi. He got all of 9 votes.I managed one SELF VOTE :D.
 
Signing off till next time.

Comments
Comments: Post a Comment

End Of Lights, Camera, Action !, Posted by SG

Main Bhartiya Hoon
.

Welcome

to MDI Gurgaon

Saurabh Garg Space

People

Saurabh Garg Space

Link Backs @ MDI

Saurabh Garg Space

Saurabh Garg Space

Stuff to be BLOGged !

Induction
Saurabh Garg Space

SAURABH GARG

Disclaimer: Please note that the views presented herein are MY PERSONAL VIEWS and should not be taken as a general opinion.